Oracle Materialized Views in a RAC

From: Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhikari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

We have a source database which is Oracle 11g RAC. The target database is a stand laone database (11g).

We need to create Materialized View in the Target database based on tables in the RAC source database.

The Refresh method is Refresh Fast on Demand.

Is the process of creating Materialized View Logs in a RAC same as the one for creating MV logs in a stand alone database ? What if the instance/node in the RAC where the MV Logs are created goes down ?

If the configuration of MV logs in a RAC is different from the one in a stand alone database, can you please describe in detail or point to web site that explains it in detail ?

Thanks in adavance. Received on Thu Apr 08 2010 - 17:42:29 CDT

Original text of this message