Re: how to browse all sys_context(...) values?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 06:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 6, 10:51 am, Frank Bergemann <FBergem..._at_web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a way to browse all e.g. sys_context(USER, <xy>) elements (or
> sys_context('USERENV', <xy> elements) and displaying their values - w/
> o knowing up-front, which <xy> are there?
> - thanx!
> cheers,
> Frank

Not that I am aware of though many of the data items can be found in v $session. I believe most of the sys_context variables are stored in the user PGA. Therefore there is no one control structure in the SGA where a v$ or dba_ view could be built upon without Oracle having to go back and reference every session PGA, which would be very expensive, to get the information.

Now if you only want the information for a the current session rather than for the entire instance I still do not think any such view exists because I believe the data comes from different sturctures and the sys_content function logic knows where to go to get the individual data items.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 07 2010 - 08:23:57 CDT

Original text of this message