Re: ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnn limit

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 6:57 am, moongeegee <moongee..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a windowsXP with Oracle 10g installed and using RMAN backup.
> I got an error as below, someone set the RMAN backup before I take
> over this project. I am still learning how to use RMAN, but I need to
> resolve
> the problem. Please help.
> ORA-19804: cannot reclaim nnnnnnnnn bytes disk space from nnnnnnnnnnnn
> limit
>
> I have a lot of free disk space, but still got an error as above.
>
> The 10g version I have as below:
> Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Prod
> PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> "CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production"
> TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
>
> each time I got an error as ORA-19804, then I need to manually delete
> some backup files in FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA that is in my
> C drive. However, I have plenty of disk space in my C drive.

You may want to see the following Oracle support paper on this issue:

OERR: ORA-19804 cannot reclaim %s bytes disk space from %s limit #288171.1

It offers five solutions and I think two of them are obvious enought that I can mention them. First look at what is in the flash recovery area and use rman to clean it up if necessary and two increase the size available to the flash recovery area. How do peform both these tasks is covered by the documentation.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Mar 25 2010 - 10:03:53 CDT

Original text of this message