Re: 10G and RULE

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 06:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 20, 7:41 am, "Nicolas Bronke" <> wrote:
> With Oracle 10g the RULE command will not be supported.
> So far as good, we removed all RULE statements inside Queries and views.
> Mostly it works fine, but in some cases the queries does not work correcly.
> No rows are returned. If I put the RULE back in this query everything works
> fine.
> This happens with 20g2.0.3 and 10g2.0.4
> Does someone else has seen this and does exist a patch for this behaviour?
> Regards
> Nicolas

An actual example SQL showing both versions wtih results and the explain plan would likely be helpful. Also information on the type of table: heap, IOT, partitioned involved in the query is useful.

We have and have not seen this.

Performance issues are common after upgrading to 10g from a lower version but changes in the query results are not.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Mar 20 2010 - 08:01:34 CDT

Original text of this message