Re: Streams Replication:Can the source be a Standby database?

From: ddf <>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:57:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 18, 8:40 pm, Ora_DBA <> wrote:
> Can the source database in streams replication be a physical or
> logical standby database ? If so, is the process of configuring
> streams the same as a regular database ? Are there any best practices
> or different configuration if the source is Logical or Physical
> standby DB ?
> Thanks in advance.

As far as I know it can't be a physical standby because supplemtal logging cannot be enabled and the database is not open. I don't know if it can be a logical standby but I would hesitate to try that conrfiguration; I'd be wary of using an actively replicated database as a source for another replicated database.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Mar 19 2010 - 08:57:31 CDT

Original text of this message