Re: hanging package compile

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 17, 1:57 pm, Martin <martin.j.ev..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 5:42 pm, Shakespeare <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > > compile package spec with:
>
> > > sqlplus -S user/p..._at_server.aaa.local:1522/test @pkg_spec.sql
>
> > > sqlplus -S user/p..._at_server.aaa.local:1522/test @pkg_body.sql
>
> > > The body hangs.
>
> > > Martin
>
> > In stead of running the script again, could you try 'alter package  XXX
> > compile', 'alter package XXX compile body'?
>
> > Shakespeare
>
> I don't see how I could do this since the very first time I try and
> compile it, it hangs. This is not a recompilation of an existing
> package but a brand new compilation of a package which previously did
> not exist. Also the session which is compiling the package cannot be
> killed - if you try it just says it is marked to be killed. After this
> you are in real trouble as you cannot even shut the database down
> unless you kill the oracle process manually.
>
> Martin- Hide quoted text -

Please post the full Oracle version where this compile has issues (meaning 11.2.0.1,;11.1.0.6,; etc.) Also your 10,000 foot view of the package body really doesn't help anyone troubleshoot this problem. Is your DBA aware of this issue? Has he or she run an oradebug hanganalyze while this package body is compiling?

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 17 2010 - 13:07:11 CDT

Original text of this message