Re: SQLLDR syntax question

From: ddf <>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:02:15 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 10, 10:03 am, gazzag <> wrote:
> On 9 Mar, 22:07, ddf <> wrote:
> > This all seems to be far more work than necessary simply to enable the
> > use of some round-about 'calculation' rather than coding the numeric
> > values desired.  Yes, it's creative, but having to write a funciton to
> > process the mathematical gyrations loaded into the inline data
> > unnecessarily complicates a fairly basic data load.  Has no one heard
> > of Occam's Razor?  Paraphrased:
> > "The simplest solution is the best"
> > It's simplest in this situation to code 10 rather than 1+9;
> > interesting as the other offerings may be they are merely baroque
> > additions to what should be a minimalist execution.
> > David Fitzjarrell
> Agreed.  However, we don't really know the OP's requirement and why he
> perhaps needs a way of loading the data as is.
> -g

It isn't a business reason:

"I have created a table called test like this "create table test(id1 number, id2 number)" in Oracle 10g.2 Standard Edition on a Windows XP home computer.

I am trying to import data into my "test" table.

I have no problem with experimentation (this is how many people learn things) however writing a function to aid SQL*Loader to process inline data seems a bit excessive.

Of course that's only my opinion.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Mar 10 2010 - 15:02:15 CST

Original text of this message