Comparing two rows

From: Rich <richmarin_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:51:34 -0800 (PST)

I am using 10g.

I have an audit trail stored procedure to create. There is a customer table. Then customer_audit table. Customer and Customer_audit tables are identical. Each time a record is changed, a copy of the old record is sent to Customer_Audit.

My report needs to compare the record in the customer table verses the one in the audit table.

I basically want my code to go field by field and spot the differences. I intend to send differences to a table.

I know that I can do this with cursors. Is it possible to do this with an SQL statements? Received on Wed Feb 24 2010 - 18:51:34 CST

Original text of this message