Re: Oracle Error 600, [733] ...

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 04:55:35 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 22, 5:10 am, Andreas Mosmann <mosm..._at_expires-28-02-2010.news- group.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For case of statistics there is made a copy from a database some time
> ago. I produced a SQL- Statement, that worked fine on the actual
> database, but when I use the same statement on the other DB I got an
> Oracle Error 600, followed by some values (the 1st is 733).
> I do not know the differences between both DBs exactly, but of course
> the admin changed some preferences for this one way DB. When I looked
> for the reason of this error to find out, which changes are to be made
> to get the results of my statement, I read, that there is/was a
> metalink- Page, that describes some/all 600- errors depending on the 1st
> parameter.
> I could not connect to metalink (I did it last time many month ago),
> because it did not only want to get to know very much of my personal
> state, but any kind of service number. Assuming that there is no free
> way to go there anymore I like to ask you the following:
> - Is there someone, who knows about this web form? Does it exist
> anymore, so that it is useful to buy such service number?
> - Does anybody know the problem OE 600, [733]?
>
> Best regards
> Andreas
>
> Oracle 9.2.0.7.0
>
> --
> wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de

I suggest you look at fixing your Oracle support access.

Oracle support note 146580.1 ORA-600 [733] "memory request size is too big for this port (o/s)" lists about 10 bug reports related to this error. The note suggests reducing the sort_area_size and hash_area_size and re-running the query. It is not 100% clear in the note but this solution may only apply if a hash_join is being used in the plan.

This note may not apply to your issue.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Feb 22 2010 - 06:55:35 CST

Original text of this message