Charts - How to customize data labels?

From: Cris <>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:08:11 -0800 (PST)

I'm using the Report Builder included in Oracle Developer Suite 10g
( for Microsoft Windows

and the database is Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - Production

I'm using line charts, bar charts, and I'm running into a problem: I cannot get the data series to display text correctly.

I base the graph on a query such as

select col_1 + col_2 as "Item Addition", new_it + exist_it as "New Total" from ...

so i want to plot these two series, but in the labels I'm getting "Item_Addition_" and "New_Total_" with underscores instead of spaces, and an extra underscore at the end, which is not cool.

In Reports 6i there was a screen where i could edit the display labels for the series, but I'm not finding this on Report Builder 10g.

I found

which seems to be what i need but apparently the series label text is available only for pie charts?

(Besides, something so simple as displaying a series label correctly
just cannot be this complex, I'm surely missing something)

Thanks in advance
Cris Received on Thu Feb 18 2010 - 09:08:11 CST

Original text of this message