Re: Creating Tablespace in sql developer (Oracle 11g)

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:42:40 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 12:35 pm, Norbert Pürringer <> wrote:
> Hello,
> how is it possible to create a simple tablespace ucing Oracle SQL
> Developer based on Oracle 11g?
> I don't want to execute an sql statement knowing the syntax.
> And how do I find out the dbf file on which a tablespace is based on?
> Regards,
> Norbert

I do not use SQL Developer very much but I think it is more code development orientated rather than DB management orientated.

You can see the DBA_DATA_FILES view, if authorized, to see what files are assigned to a tablespace, size, etc ...

You can use the dbms_metadata package to generate the DDL for a tablespace.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Feb 08 2010 - 11:42:40 CST

Original text of this message