Aggregation, sort of

From: Sashi <smalladi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:28:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
(How I wish there was a comp.lang.sql for generic sql questions!).

I have a table structured thus:
Emp_org, emp_dept, emp_sub_dept, emp_language, emp_location.

(This is not my table but an attempt at a simplified example).

So there could be 20 employees with the same emp_org, emp_dept and emp_sub_dept.
But these 20 guys could be speaking different languages located at different locations.

Is there a way to structure a query so that I can group the similar columns together and concatenate the others? So I would end up with
emp_org, emp_dept, emp_sub_dept, (emp_language || emp_languange..),
(emp_location || emp_location..)

Hope this is clear enough.

TIA,
Sashi
for all the employees who share the common first three fields? Received on Wed Jan 27 2010 - 09:28:57 CST

Original text of this message