Excluding values with numbers

From: Pankaj <harpreet.noni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:54:13 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I am currently using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0. I have a table with following data

Table 1 (Sample data)
a12345
A123423
g13452
G452323
h34423
r34323
b23232
n232323

I am currently using this as a subquery in one of the query. As per a new request I have to now exclude all values which start with h, b or n followed by numeric values.

So end result the subquery should give me is

Table 1 (Sample data)
a12345
A123423
g13452
G452323
r34323

I am little stumped on this for now. Could not get it right in my query. Can anyone please advise here. Let me know if any more information is needed from my side.

Note: The starting character in all values can sometimes in "lower case" or sometimes in "upper case".

TIA Received on Tue Dec 29 2009 - 10:54:13 CST

Original text of this message