Re: problem with remote desktop

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:40:08 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 24, 2:43 am, "N.M." <net..._at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My client told me that one Oracle form behaves strangly.
> We (as programmers) use Oracle Forms ver 6 with all patches released and
> installed.
> Our client has Oracle 9 version.
>
> The problems looks like this:
> While clicking on "Confirm button" located on the form, it runs database
> packages functions which update and insert data into database tables. After
> it, there is forms_ddl('commit') run and now it gives strange errors.
> While running this form localy and clicking "Confirm button" (it means the
> oracle forms` files ale located on the net disk and Oracle application runs
> by local user/computer) everything works perfectly and there is no strange
> errors/messages on the screen.
> While running this Oracle application form using remote desktop window and
> clicking "Confirm button" there is a error message "FRM-40401: No changes to
> save". This errors generates many times because  strored procedures`
> functions run inside the loop.
>
> My client told me that this error (such error message) is generated only
> when he runs the application form via remote desktop.
>
> Do you have any idea what can be wrong?
> Thank you in advance
> netman

I am not a developer so I had not seen your issue but I have some questions that might help you get a response:

Are you running the server based or client based version of Forms 6? Are you running character based or GUI?
What is the full Oracle version of the database? What is the full Oracle version of the client?

We run server based character mode 6i and in the past we had an issue that if we did an rlogin and then executes our Forms based application you would get an error. When you log in directly to the application server and run from there it ran fine. Your issue seems similar, but our solution was just to login directly and run locally.

With the above information it should be possible to search My Oracle Support and see if you can find any matching error reports.

You probably should have posted this to comp.databases.oracle.tools rather than misc but most of the views are the same people so I am not sure reposting is necessary though that would be up to you.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Nov 24 2009 - 09:40:08 CST

Original text of this message