Re: Anyone out there successfully using Pro*C/C++ in C++ mode?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:13:08 +0100

Noons wrote:
> Ramon F Herrera wrote,on my timestamp of 5/10/2009 12:06 AM:
>

>> (3) Even in C, a very simple programming language, I have found the
>> Oracle implementation to be rather primitive (compared to gcc). I
>> shudder to think the kinds of mess I would get myself into if I tried
>> to uses classes.

> I was not aware Oracle had a C compiler implementation?

They don't - it's a C (or Cobol, or Fortran) preprocessor, which translates you sql-statements into inline C compliant SQL calls.

Then, pull the outcome through your favorite C/C++ compiler. Been a long time since... TI System V (SVR4), Oracle V5. RPT/RPF could not deliver...

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel