Re: best easy oracle report writer?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:09:46 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 9, 6:23 pm, m..._at_pixar.com wrote:
> I've got some simple reports to generate.  It would be nice if they
> could be put on the web and also generate PDFs.
>
> These reports are for internal consumption and probably will use
> just a small percentage of any software's feature set, so I would
> prefer cheap and simple over complex and full featured.
>
> Any recs appreciated, TIA!
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Harrison
> Pixar Animation Studios

Shakespeare's answer is the best, but note that sqlplus itself has some html formatting options, and pdf converters are legion, even probably in your local word processing software, if you want to be really, really cheap.

I haven't looked lately, but at one point I thought the rda utility from Oracle (the one they make you run for many SR's) had some good examples of html formatting, and I'm sure I've seen some floating about the web.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"...there are plenty of bugs. Funnily, some them addresses issues