Re: best easy oracle report writer?

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:20:10 +0100

mh_at_pixar.com schreef:
> I've got some simple reports to generate. It would be nice if they
> could be put on the web and also generate PDFs.
>
> These reports are for internal consumption and probably will use
> just a small percentage of any software's feature set, so I would
> prefer cheap and simple over complex and full featured.
>
> Any recs appreciated, TIA!
> Mark

Take a look at APEX. Together with Tomcat and Cocoon you have a complete solution at no (software) cost. Pointers to the right places at late Carl Backstroms blog:
http://carlback.blogspot.com/2007/03/apex-cocoon-pdf-and-more.html.

and for .xls output at

http://rste.blogspot.com/2008/07/excel-export-from-apex-cocoon.html

It all may look a bit complicated, but it turned out to be quite simple and it works perfectly.

Shakespeare Received on Tue Nov 10 2009 - 00:20:10 CST

Original text of this message