Re: Ask iOracle - Your Online Oracle DBA at www.askuonlineoradba.com

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:43:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 14, 6:27 pm, iOracle <suifeng9..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi DBAs,
>
> Our name is iOracle, a young Oracle DBA team at Jersey to answer any
> of your Oracle Database & Apps DBA questions Online -www.askuonlineoradba.com.
> This is a free service, however, we do like you to click the ADs you
> like too, to support our service. Pls. have a try and ask to
> iora..._at_askuonlineoradba.com. Thanks!

Huafeng Xu:

First of all, there are a lot of Jersey's in the world. You are in New Jersey, which for many people is a joke.

Second, even though your "service" is free, this is still considered marketing in the cdo.* hierarchy. Please delete your post and apologize. Unlike blogs, there are many people on usenet newsgroups, and thanks to previous spamming their group decision has been to be very picky about marketing on these groups. It's not as if we don't allow such posts in the hierarchy - they just belong in the marketing area.

Third, you probably don't want people like me seeing articles like "How to Troubleshoot Regular Oracle Database Issues?" that go on about how you have to use the support workbench. I have a problem with that!

Fourth, I didn't see any ads. If I did see any ads, I wouldn't click on them. They generally annoy me, and anyone asking to click on ads while writing summarys of the docs gets me thinking less of them. Your site may or may not be good, I don't know and don't particularly care. But now you have a steep hill to climb because of a bad first impression.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Email flames to be replaced by anti-social media.