Re: Dynamic Query

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 06:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 13, 3:26 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Oct 13, 11:34 am, "Gerard H. Pille" <g..._at_skynet.be> wrote:
>

> > Shakespeare wrote:

> > > They suck indeed!
>
> > > But:
>
> > > Cursor_sharing = force= a bad idea. It MAY improve performance, but
> > > query results are unpredictable and instable.
>
> > > Shakespeare
>
> > Don't hold back the better ideas, Zak!   Until then, cursor sharing force is the best he can do.
>
> Also see this:  http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=971400&tstart=0
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.http://fuzzydata.wordpress.com/about/

Well, since in this application there are few SQL statements that are actually the same, hard parsing may be the only option.

Although, would the first statement execute better than the second?

l_string = "SELECT x FROM table_name WHERE y = " || :l_input; open p_cursor for l_string using l_input1;

l_string = "SELECT x FROM table_name WHERE y = " || v_input; open p_cursor for l_string;

Or whatever the exact syntax is. Is there a difference? Would the first maybe be a soft parse? I think the problem is that most statements are unique. Received on Wed Oct 14 2009 - 08:26:55 CDT

Original text of this message