Re: Oracle 10g installation on Win2k8 SP2 64bits

From: Laurenz Albe <>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:33:29 +0200

Giulio Petrucci wrote:
> I'm working on a machine with the following OS configuration: Windows 2008 Server (R) 64bits Standard without Hyper-V, Service
> Pack 2
> I need to install an Oracle client to have my .NET application working. I've tried with the 10g release 2
> ( but the installer raises the
> folowing error:
> Starting Oracle Universal Installer... Checking installer requirements... Checking operating system version must be 5.1 or 5.2
> Actual 6.0

The certification matrix sayeth:

Do not install Oracle Database 10g Release 2 on Windows Server 2008 using the version. You must use the (32-bit) or (x64) versions specifically created for Windows Server 2008 to install Oracle Database 10g Release 2 on the operating system. For more information on installation:

32-bit: x64: and

Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Oct 13 2009 - 08:33:29 CDT

Original text of this message