Re: Storage used by a table

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 8, 6:59 am, Sashi <small..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I have a table that has about 8 million rows and I'd like to
> be able to find the space used by the table.
> Is there a quick and easy way of doing that?
> How do I also calculate space used by all the indexes of the table?
>
> TIA,
> Sashi

OEM or EM are the easiest, if you have them running.

For EM go to administration, tables, put in the table and table name to get some information. For space information, tablespaces, pick your tablespace, show tablespace contents (shows size and extents), expand extent map, click on a segment, hover over it to see table. There may be other ways, too. Of course, this is all just a display of what Michel said, but I've found it useful. It certainly helps to understand the tables or views underneath.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Germany has more Muslims than Lebanon.