Re: cursor syntax question

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 1, 9:42 am, kes <> wrote:
> I've looked in Oracle PL/SQL 3rd Edition and searched but I
> was unable to determine:
> CURSOR foo (vbar varchar2) IS
> select *
> from table_t t
> where = vbar;
> I get that vBar is a varchar2, but what does it mean exactly? If you
> could send me a pointer to any documentation this would be greatly
> appreciated. This code was found in Oracle 10.2
> Best,
> Alex
> ~~~~

Alex, while Sybrand gave you a link to data type information posted the same site you were found your cursor reference on I though you might want to also reference the online official Oracle documentation. Here is the site url:

You can find cursors in the PL/SQL manual and data types are defined in both the Concepts and Application Developers Guide - Fundamentals manuals.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Oct 01 2009 - 09:25:35 CDT

Original text of this message