Re: Escape character while loading data using sqlloader

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 02:00:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 8:43 am, rita <rita.sin..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to load the data from a csv file to database.

[]

> My control file is:
> LOAD DATA INFILE 'SHEET1.csv' TRUNCATE INTO TABLE temp
> fields terminated by "," optionally enclosed by '"'
> TRAILING NULLCOLS
> (aa,bb)
>
> I am using \ as escape character.
> but if try to load the data, the data having \" does not get loaded
>
> any pointers will be appreciated.
>
> thanks.

What errors do you get? (my crystal ball has been broken since 1999)

Are you generating the data file with the backslash? Could you generate it with different enclosing characters instead (and without the backslash)?

A solution that works is to go to fixed length format.

Ed Received on Thu Oct 01 2009 - 04:00:45 CDT

Original text of this message