Re: Dataguard

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:28:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 3:39 am, tanveer <tano..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I need to know that can we schedule archived log to be deleted
> automatically for instance i want to delete one month archived log
> from primary and standby database with out RMAN.
>
> Thanks in advanced for your participation
> Regards

You can, but you need to tell RMAN about it, otherwise restoration will be confusing. See the docs about crosscheck and delete expired. More details would be required to give more advice, including the platform, the exact operating system, the exact version of Oracle, whether you are using a catalog, and what you really want to accomplish.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Always be sure and use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol.