Error in Dupplication a production database

From: Michael <mbulchand_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:20:55 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to duplicate a production database - version 10.2. 0.1.0.- in a different server and I started the instance with nomount. Then I connected to rman :

RMAN> connect target /

connected to target database: NIVO (not mounted)

RMAN> connect auxiliary /

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands RMAN-01009: syntax error: found "m": expecting one of: "allocate, alter, backup, beginline, blockrecover, catalog, change, connect, copy, convert, create, crosscheck, configure, duplicate, debug,
delete, drop, exit, endinline, flashback, host, {, library, list,
mount, open, print, quit, recover, register, release, replace, report,
renormalize, reset, restore, resync, rman, run, rpctest, set,
setlimit, sql, switch, spool, startup, shutdown, send, show, test, transport, upgrade, unregister, validate" RMAN-01007: at line 1 column 2 file: standard input

But when I tried to connect to auxiliary, I am getting the following error. Any idea what could cause this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Received on Fri Sep 25 2009 - 14:20:55 CDT

Original text of this message