Re: Duplicate database

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 02:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 Sep, 22:48, Michael <mbulch..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to duplicate a database, but before i do it - I want to
> make sure the init.ora I copied from production is changed to include
> a new controlfile name so that it does not overwrite the existing
> control file in product -. Is that correct and I do not need to copy
> the physical control files from production to the tarfget database?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Michael

What version of Oracle? What O/S?

Anyway, certainly in 10g RMAN has the functionality to duplicate databases:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmconc2.htm#i1006532

I suggest that you read up on the subject and then most people will be quite happy to answer your questions.

HTH -g Received on Tue Sep 22 2009 - 04:28:11 CDT

Original text of this message