Re: Checkpoint not complete

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:26:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 14, 6:30 am, Michael <mbulch..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am receiving the following message in my alert log and can find no
> documentation explaining what this error means or how to correct it.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

The answers vary somewhat by version. In general it is not a fatal error as long as it isn't compounding until things die, but it indicates a misconfiguration of some sort, and likely a performance problem. In older versions, you might need to configure a checkpoint process.

So, what version/OS version are you on, and how often are you getting the error? Are users complaining? How have you configured your log buffer size? How big are your redo logs and how often are they switching?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Marketing, feh.