Re: Any Pro*C/C++ users out there?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 07:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have a new question. I took a C program that precompiled, compiled, linked and executed perfectly.

Now I am trying to convert it into a C++ program.

My current problem is that the following four variables are not recognized by the C++ precompiler:

varchar         username[UNAME_LEN];
varchar         password[PWD_LEN];

EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password;

int howMany;
varchar table_name[SOME_SIZE];

EXEC SQL SELECT COUNT(1) INTO :howMany FROM user_tables WHERE table_name = :table_name;

It seems like the variables embedded into the EXEC SQL statements need a different syntax?

TIA, -Ramon Received on Mon Sep 07 2009 - 09:36:00 CDT

Original text of this message