Re: Variable tables

From: Google Poster <goposter_at_jonjay.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 17:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 4, 6:33 pm, Mladen Gogala <mla..._at_bogus.email.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 04:14:38 -0700, Google Poster wrote:
> >  - I am referring to the table structure changing from a millisecond
> > to the next. In a tight loop, the table is seen as having certain
> > structure, and next iteration it is seen as different. That is a
> > technical issue.
>

> Here is how things work: you pick a programming paradigm
> and then use it. If all you have is a relational theory,
> then every problem looks like it could be solved by a database.

You are close, but my problem is not exactly as described. First of all, along the years I have made a heavy of investment on Oracle. Not necessarily in money terms, but the really valuable resources: time, knowledge, access programs, reading this NG :-) etc.

Initially it was not too hard to design simplistic tables and write access programs. As time goes by, those schemas need to be more complex, and I start having doubts of whether there are other approaches and solutions.

I guess I need to hire a real DBA, but can't afford it now...

-GP Received on Fri Sep 04 2009 - 19:37:01 CDT

Original text of this message