Re: Oracle package params selection

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 06:52:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 18, 4:43 am, slafs <slaf..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 Sie, 18:13, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 17, 10:27 am, slafs <slaf..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Ok. Got it. user_argumentshttp://www.psoug.org/reference/packages.html

> > You can also use describe in SQLPlus to see procedure parameters lists
> > as well as packaged procedure parameter lists when you just need a
> > quick reminder.
>
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
> Thanks,
>
> But I can't manipulate the desc results by select or something like
> that, can I? This only (as You said) a quick reminder.
>
> Regards- Hide quoted text -

The SQLPlus describe command as in desc procedure would be useful say when you are typing code in one window and need to verify the order or spelling of the procedure parameters.

The all_arguments view can also be used by isn't as fast when you just want to see the parameter list. It is however more useful for creating listings of procedures with parameters and for use in generating dynamic code.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Aug 18 2009 - 08:52:34 CDT

Original text of this message