Re: Updating while joining

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 06:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 17, 7:02 am, Saravanan <vsr.sarava..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>    I am joining three tables a,b,c of which b and c are really large
> ( 20 million+ records). The join is running and in the mean time I am
> updating some rows in the table b and c. Will my join reflect the
> newly updated data in b and c?
> Will the join complete successfully?
>
> Thanks
> Saravanan

Two sessions, so two views of the data. If the join started before the update is committed, then it will NOT see the update.

Do you understand the relational database concept of transactions? Oracle is not a file system. It is a Relational Database management System (RDBMS).
  Ed Received on Mon Aug 17 2009 - 08:00:04 CDT

Original text of this message