Re: Can't drop column

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 28, 12:24 pm, "Sicilian Dragon" <e4c5Nf..._at_sicilian.com> wrote:
> we're running this statement from a VB program
>
> ALTER TABLE MyTable DROP COLUMN MyCol
>
> However I get an error.
>
> ORA-00604: error occured at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYS.I_COL_USAGE$) violated
>
> No indexes/constraints have been created on this column (MyCol)
> I've searched this error on google and it seems many people have been
> troubled by this however nowhere did I find a satisfactory answer.

Provide a create table statement for MyTable so someone can test this. Also provide the Oracle release you're using (all four or five numbers) so the problem can be replicated as accurately as possible.

This appears to be a constraint on a data dictionary table, not one on MyTable. You should have the data dictionary checked for invalid objects.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Jul 28 2009 - 12:14:22 CDT

Original text of this message