Re: tracking oracle updates

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 04:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 jul, 04:15, m..._at_pixar.com wrote:
> Is there an RSS or other type of automatic feed that announces
> upgrades, patches, etc?  I would like to find an easy way to
> follow upgrades so that I can discuss knowledgably with our
> DBA about which ones might apply to us.
>
> Many TIA!
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Harrison
> Pixar Animation Studios

Grid Control and possibly Dbcontrol have a mechanism to connect to Oracle Configuration manager (at Oracle) and two download automatically info about all new patches which apply to you, according to your configuration, as tracked by Oracle. Automatic installation is possible.
When you have the correct modules this will extend to O/S patches and upgrades.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jul 21 2009 - 06:33:29 CDT

Original text of this message