Re: EXTEND INDEX

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 12:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 2, 7:43 pm, CenturionX <darwinbaldr..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm working with Oracle 10g on Windows.  I got this message:
> 01654: unable to extend index MASTER.XPK_BR by 256 in tablespace DATA1
> The tablespace where this index is located had 2.1 MB and it was at
> %99.6 of use.
>
> I searched in the web for a solution and i found this:
> ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE DATAFILE1.DBF' AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 20M MAXSIZE
> 3000G;
>
> The problem is that the tablespace continues at %99.6 even if the MAX
> MB is increased.
>
> How can i solve it?
>
> Thanks.

Until you actually perform an insert that cause an object to attempt to allocate another extent which in turn requires the data file to extend the percentage used for the tablespace is not going to change unless you issue a command to manually cause the file to extend first.

See the DBA Administration manual which has information on managing tablespaces, data files, and objects.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 03 2009 - 14:03:50 CDT

Original text of this message