RMAN Recovery

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:09:51 -0700 (PDT)

We had a developer make some changes to production. Idiot.

Anyhow, we have a complete backfrom from about 9:00am. There were some changes arounf 12:00 which are fine. The developer made changes at 3:30 and messed everything up.

We are runnnig RMAN. So, I did some looking around and just want to make sure we have the right commands so we can restore the database until about 3:00pm. Would this do it? (Note we have set the time back on the server to perform some application specific recovery).

RUN
{
  SET UNTIL TIME 'Jun 15 2009 14:00:00';   RESTORE DATABASE;
  RECOVER DATABASE;
}

Will that perform the recovery and STOP at 2:00pm? Or will it restore and recover until the most recent change in the archive logs?

Thanks! Received on Thu Jun 25 2009 - 21:09:51 CDT

Original text of this message