Re: Row-X (SX) lock on materialized view

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:53:59 +0200

On 04.06.2009 19:51, joel garry wrote:

> Is there a difference between how the mviews are defined? I'm
> wondering if it is something like the strange one uses on commit, or
> something.

I have only very small experience with MV's so I might be totally off mark here: Maybe an index is missing or invalid on that particular log table so Oracle has to lock the whole table.

Another option that comes to mind is foreign keys: when there is no index on the FK column then also table locks are held.

Kind regards

        robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/