Re: Row-X (SX) lock on materialized view

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 3 Jun 2009 10:27:35 -0700

Of course my subject is wrong, the lock is on the LOG (on the master database), not on the materialized view on the other database.

Malcolm Dew-Jones (yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca) wrote: : I am examining a database. The tables are all replicated to a second : database every ten minutes (so the users can do ad-hoc queries without : touching the real database).

: When the user's have a form open then the record they are editing is :
locked. I can run a query against v$lock (etc) and see who has what : tables locked. Mostly, everything is as expected.

: My question revolves around the following.

: For one particular table, the materialized view log has also turned up
in : the lock list some times (Row-X (SX), same ctime as the data table). I : haven't seen that for other tables.

: Is that normal? Perhaps the other snapshot logs are locked and I just :
don't happen to see it ever. Is this something that needs investigating?

: Opinions welcome.

: Thanks, Malcolm Dew-Jones