Re: Administration.

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:36:21 +0200

Markus Gronotte schrieb:
> I do this Code as System:
>

> Create Table T_Controlling (
> ControllingID number,
> Mitarbeiter number,
> Verkaeufe number,
> Constraint PK_Control Primary Key (ControllingID),
> Constraint FK_Control Foreign Key (Mitarbeiter) References
> Mitarbeiter(MitarbeiterID)
> );
>

> Create Role R_Einkauf
> Create Role R_Verkauf
>

> Grant Connect to R_Einkauf
> Grant Connect to R_Verkauf
>
> Grant Select On T_Controlling to R_Einkauf
> Grant Select On T_Controlling to R_Verkauf
>
> Grant Insert On T_Controlling to R_Einkauf
> Grant Insert On T_Controlling to R_Verkauf
>
> Grant Update On T_Controlling to R_Einkauf
> Grant Update On T_Controlling to R_Verkauf
>
> Grant Select On T_Mitarbeiter to R_Einkauf
> Grant Select On T_Mitarbeiter to R_Verkauf
>

> Grant Select On T_Waren to R_Einkauf
> Grant Select On T_Lieferanten to R_Einkauf
>
> Grant Select On T_Rechnung to R_Verkauf
> Grant Select On T_Kunden to R_Verkauf
>

> Create User Meyer Identified By "abc" Create User Moeller Identified
> By "abc" Create User Mueller Identified By "abc" Create User Schmidt
> Identified By "abc"
>

> Grant R_Einkauf to Meyer
> Grant R_Einkauf to Moeller Grant R_Verkauf to Mueller Grant R_Verkauf to
> Schmidt
>
> Then I log in with "Schmidt" and if i try to do
> select * from T_Controlling Oracle says "ORA-00942: Table or View not
> found.
>
> Does anybody know why?
>
> Yours,
> Markus

Probably because the schema schmidt doesn't have a table or view t_controlling.
It is hard to tell, because you don't provide an exact description, how are you executing your steps ( for example, you are using mixed case in object names and some environments - like ApEx - preserve mixed case, doing it then not possible to access objects if not enclosed in quotes) - the best description could be providing a script output from sqlplus. But maybe it is simply absence of schema modifier by referencing the object - so you could try to select from system.t_controlling - or create a synonyms for tables in question.

Best regardes

Maxim

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?

Aksel Peter Jørgensen