Re: Remove blanks from SQLPlus spoot output

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 07:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

On May 22, 4:58 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 3:44 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 22, 3:06 pm, nickli2..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > >     Is there a  set or format command in SQLPlus that will remove
> > > leading whitespaces from fields? Essentially I want to output comma-
> > > delimited files with no spaces before or after columns.
> > > I know I could probably concatenate the fields using "|" or use
> > > UTL_FILE package and PL/SQL. This is however undesirable as there are
> > > large number of columns and a lot of ad-hoc queries need to be run.
>
> > >     Thanks in advance.
>
> > >     Nick
>
> > No.  You'll need to use ||','|| between column names to generate the
> > output you want.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Why re-invent the wheel when Tom Kyte has a procedure/function/script
> to do this same thing?
>
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:9...
>
> David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

I got an error when I tied the link so here is a link to a different article on how to generate delimited out queries in SQLPlus:

How do I export a database table to a flat file ?

        http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/flatfile.html

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat May 23 2009 - 09:24:46 CDT

Original text of this message