Webutil, forms, file not found

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 20 May 2009 13:21:48 -0700

Hello

A user (who I can't visit and help) claims that the file select dialog (of WebUtil) allows them to see various file names, but when they select a file then the upload gets a "file not found" error. The files are all files to which the user has access normally (e.g. they create a .DOC file, then they try to upload it to the database), so I don't see how this would be a regular file permission error. The error itself appears to be an alert displayed by webutil itself.

I am using the same application (and hence presumably the same webutil config settings) and I can upload any file I can see - i.e. I can't reproduce this problem.

Does anyone with WebUtil experience know if the user's claim is at all reasonable?

Is it possible for the web util file select dialog to be able to list files (that the user can otherwise open), and yet the webutil_file_transfer. Client_To_DB be then unable to access the file to upload it?

MDJ Received on Wed May 20 2009 - 15:21:48 CDT

Original text of this message