Re: Explain Plan with Toad - no cost displayed for statements

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:36:06 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not using toad, but you may be right: http://www.toadsoft.com/get2know9/#Explain

> I must say I've never found GUI Explain Plan tools all that helpful,
> and I find dbms_xplan easier to read and more informative.

I have very little pinned up on my cube at work, and mostly it is screen prints of bogus sql from dbconsole. Of course, I'm dealing with a sql generator messing up dynamically in production, rather than people writing sql directly, so I may have a skewed idea of helpfulness. It tends to be answering "WTF is taking over the server?"

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
I know, let's just tell everybody everybody else's personal