How to restore to a different database name

From: Topher <eliot.topher_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 12:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

In my development environment, I have two machines, each of which has a database called "C1" (that's the value we use for the SID and all those other things that identify the DB). I need to replicate one of these databases that's on the first machine onto the second machine, without overwriting what I already am calling "C1" on the second machine. I want to call the new copy "C2". I used expdp to create a full database dump of C1 on the first machine. On the second machine, I used dbca to create C2, and set my shell's environment variables to refer to that. I thought that when I used impdp it would import into C2. But no, it complained about all these problems creating things in C1. So I tried impdp with the "remap_datafile=C1:C2" option, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks. Received on Sat May 09 2009 - 14:20:54 CDT

Original text of this message