INSERT and WITH

From: Hans Mayr <mayr1972_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 02:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I wrote a statement that contains a WITH clause:

SQL A: WITH ... AS adata SELECT ... FROM adata

It works fine. Now I wanted to insert the result into a table

SQL B: INSERT INTO tableA (col1, col2 .....) (WITH ... AS adata SELECT ... FROM adata)

While the SQL A works fine, SQL B does not work. In SQL Developer simply nothing happens, my DBA tells me that he got the error message "ORA-32034: unsupported use of WITH clause".

I also tried something like:

SQL C: WITH ... AS adata INSERT INTO tableA (col1, col2 .....) (SELECT ... FROM adata)

But now I get an "ORA-00928: missing SELECT statement".

Is there a solution for this? I did not find documentation on the combination of WITH and INSERT.

Thanks in advance.

Hans Received on Thu Apr 30 2009 - 04:11:10 CDT

Original text of this message