ORA-01406 fetched column value was truncated

From: jodleren <sonnich_at_hot.ee>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

When reading a double from a table, I get this error: ORA-01406 fetched column value was truncated

The desciption is:

ORA-01406 fetched column value was truncated

    Cause: In a host language program, a FETCH operation was forced to truncate a character string. The program buffer area for this column was not large enough to contain the entire string. The cursor return code from the fetch was +3.

    Action: Increase the column buffer area to hold the largest column value or perform other appropriate processing.

The problem is that it is a working database in 3+ copies, so I cannot really go an change things. And I cannot even see where it is wrong, except that it is a numver of places.

The error occures when
select workingtime (double, size 15) from sdfgsdfgf where department = 'CNCMILL' When selecting other departments, the error might be there, it might not. The error might also come when scrolling data.

I would apriciate to fix my SQL, not the database.... as I have no idea what might happen elsewhere if I do so...

WBR
Sonnich Received on Wed Apr 15 2009 - 09:53:03 CDT

Original text of this message