Re: trigger- problem: too many open cursors

From: Andreas Mosmann <>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:46:06 +0200

ddf schrieb am 01.04.2009 in

> On Apr 1, 7:00 am, Andreas Mosmann <
>> wrote:

> I doubt that there is a mistake, except in the concept that all
> cursors are explicit cursors you've coded. Oracle can open additional
Could you explain this?
What happens, if I f.e. execute an update on this Table Table1, that concerns 1000 rows. Will there be created 1000 Cursors? And if so, what part of my code makes this happen? How can I avoid this?

> cursors to aid in processing your query, and it appears that at times
> you have a heavier than 'normal' user load consuming the cursors your
> trigger normally uses.

> I suggest you increase the value of the open_cursors parameter; you
> can double this value and it won't affect memory until these cursors
> are needed.

I can increase this value, but in fact I still do not understand where these open cursors come from.

> David Fitzjarrell

Thank you
Andreas Mosmann

wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de