Oracle logical delete concept question

From: Larry W. Virden <lvirden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

I was asked to look into the concept of oracle's support of logical deletes for rows.

The background is that the current set of tables are small, but requests to have them restored can take a while to complete, and also one would lose any modifications that occurred since the last backup.

In a discussion about the situation, the topic of Oracle support for logical deletes, where the row "remains" in the table, but not seen, came up.

When I google for oracle logical deletes, I see some information about logically deleting columns, but the rest of the top 30-40 hits seemed to be irrelevant to the topic about which I am seeking.

Is anyone aware of some capability in Oracle like this? If so, perhaps I didn't get the name correct, or complete, regarding the functionality.

Any tips would be appreciated. Received on Mon Mar 16 2009 - 10:25:00 CDT

Original text of this message