odp-net on Windows Server 2003 64 bit

From: Albert Greinoecker <albert.greinoecker_at_uibk.ac.at>
Date: 12 Mar 2009 12:22:15 +0200

Hi NG,

I am currently trying to install a dotnet Web Service within IIS which uses odp.net to connect to the oracle database on a Windows Server 2003 64bit.

I installed
"Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET with Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC" from

which interestingly works well inside Visual Studio (with the integrated webserver), but when I try to install the application outside of Visual Studio, the following error comes up: "Es wurde versucht, eine Datei mit einem falschen Format zu laden", which means: an attempt was made to load a file having a wrong format".

Is there any installation guideline for odp.net on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit?

Albert Received on Thu Mar 12 2009 - 05:22:15 CDT

Original text of this message