Re: Query for specific procedure's source code

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:16:27 -0600

Adam Cameron wrote:
> Hi
> Is there any way one can query for a specific procedure's source code,
> rather than the entire package body that it's within?
>
> I know I can query user_source for the package body, or for stand-alone
> procs, but I'm struggling to find a nice way of pulling out just the code
> for a specific proc within the package.
>
> I suppose I can pull out everything between the start of the proc I want
> through to the start of the next proc, but I'd've thought there'd be a more
> elegant way of doing it than that?
>
> I'm looking _at_ Oracle 9i at present, but I'd be keen to know about solutions
> for other releases too. Any thoughts _at_ all, really.

when posting an issue such as this, it is helpful if you include the full version (ie: 9.2.0.?)

Check out:
Summary of DBMS_METADATA Subprograms
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96612/d_metad2.htm#1028659

search for "procedure" on that page... Received on Sat Feb 28 2009 - 20:16:27 CST

Original text of this message