Re: Which functions/procedures are actually getting called?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:31:20 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 9:20 pm, Dave U. Random <anonym..._at_anonymitaet-im- inter.net> wrote:
> I can get a list of all my functions + procedures via:
>
> select distinct object_name, package_name, overload
>   from all_arguments
>  where owner = 'MYNAME'
>    and package_name is not null
>  order by package_name, object_name;
>
> Is there a way I can find which functions + procedures are actually getting called over the course of a week while the application is in use?
> Some kind of profiler tool?
> I'm not interested in performance/timing measurements; just whether a function/procedure was invoked.
>
> I would prefer not to have to modify every function/procedure to add a logging statement...
>
> Thanks!

I think the most practical approach would be to sample the System Global Area, SGA, to see what stored objects are in use and by how many sessions. You can do this by querying v$db_object_cache. See the Oracle version# Reference Manual for information on this view but it will show you how many times the code has been loaded into memory and how many sessions are currently accessing it.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Feb 28 2009 - 09:31:20 CST

Original text of this message