Re: Functions

From: Robert Klemme <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:20:23 +0100

On 21.02.2009 18:03, Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
> Robert Klemme ( wrote:
> : On 20.02.2009 22:03, gym dot scuba dot kennedy at gmail wrote:
> : > "Mtek" <> wrote in message
> : >
> : >> This is interesting. Say I have a package with a function in it. The
> : >> function is local to that package only and is not called from the
> : >> outside.
> : Here you have provided the explanation yourself.
> Hardly. After all, the sql statement has access to variables that are
> private but within scope.

I am not sure what you intend to say with this. The OP wrote about a package private function which he attempted to call from outside of the package. I do not see how code outside of a package can have access to anything which is private to the package - be it a function, a variable or something else. In fact, I would rather consider it a bug if something private could be accessed from the outside.

        robert Received on Sat Feb 21 2009 - 15:20:23 CST

Original text of this message